January 3-9, 2016 – The following items were (voluntarily) recalled in Canada and the United States:
- Allergen: undeclared egg in ChoripDong brand Frozen Pre-Fried Fish Cake. Distributed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
- Allergen: undeclared egg in Tasty brand Shrimp Flavoured Ball. Distributed Nationwide.
- Allergen: undeclared egg in Ying Xiang (Chinese characters only) brand frozen seafood products: Boiled Fish Ball, Boiled Squid Ball, Crab Flavoured Fish Ball, Shrimp Ball, Spice Fish Cake, and Vegetable Fish Cake. Distributed in Ontario.
- Allergen: undeclared wheat in Losos brand Fish Salad Neptun. Distributed in Alberta and Ontario.
United States of America
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Big Dog Natural raw dehydrated dog food Chicken Supreme and Listeria monocytogenes in Big Dog Natural Fish Supreme. Distributed Nationwide.
- Allergen: undeclared walnut in Giant Eagle brand New Year’s Pretzel. Distributed to Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
- Allergen: undeclared almonds in Cape Cod Cranberry Candy™ and Harvest Sweets™Milk Chocolate/Dark Chocolate/Yogurt Covered Cranberry Blend. Distributed Nationwide.
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Shakti Group G Compounded Asafoetida Powder. Distributed to New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
- Possible glass in Milky Way Nice! Mandarin Oranges 8-oz bottle. Distributed Nationwide.
- Unapproved new drug: undeclared sildenafil in R Thomas Marketing LLC Black Ant, Herb Viagra, Real Skill, Weekend Prince, African Black Ant, and Stree Overlord Along With Other Products. Distributed Nationwide.
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Good Earth Egg Company Shell Eggs. Distributed throughout the Midwest including Missouri and Illinois, at the retail and wholesale level, institutions, and to walk-in customers.