August 7 – August 13, 2016 – The following items were (voluntarily) recalled in Canada and the United States:
- Allergen: undeclared egg in Nutribar brand Original Chocolate Supreme Meal Replacement Powder. Distributed nationwide.
- Consumer advisory: CFIA advises consumers to use caution with infant formula products due to potential product substitution and/or tampering. Tampered product found at a Walmart store in Kanata, Ontario.
- Allergen: undeclared sulphites in Verka brand Dry Petha. Distributed in British Columbia, Ontario, and possibly nationwide.
- Allergen: undeclared milk, soy, mustard and wheat in The Deli-Shop brand Chopped Cooked Ham. Distributed in Quebec.
United States of America
- Microbiological: coli O121 in certain flavors of Bread mixes, Muffin mixes, and Brownie mixes under the Rabbit Creek Products and other Private label brand names. Distributed nationwide.
- Chemical: elevated levels of lead in various Oriental Packing Co., Inc. blended seasoning curry products. Distributed nationwide.