July 10 – July 16, 2016 – The following items were (voluntarily) recalled in Canada and the United States:
- Leaking cans in Ocean’s brand Flaked White Tuna and Solid White Tuna. Distributed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, and Saskatchewan.
- Allergen: undeclared milk in Fletcher’s Fine Foods brand Sweet Victory Fully Cooked Smoked Sausages. Distributed in Ontario.
- Microbiological: Escherichia coli O121 in Golden Dipt brand Jalapeño Breader. Distributed in Alberta and possibly nationwide.
United States of America
- Microbiological: Escherichia coli O121 in Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix (called Betty Crocker Super Moist Rainbow Bit Cake Mix in Canada) and Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix. Distributed nationwide.
- Allergen: undeclared milk in Baptista’s Bakery, Inc. 30 oz. Snack Factory® Original Pretzel Crisps® packages. Distributed nationwide.
- Microbiological: Escherichia coli O121 in Kerry Inc. Golden Dipt® Jalapeño Breader. Sold to foodservice distributors located in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma, and Texas. Product may have been further distributed beyond these locations throughout the foodservice industry and to retail stores open to the general public.
- Microbiological: Escherichia coli O121 in International Commissary Corporation Marie Callender’s 7 oz & 14 oz Cheese Biscuit Mix. Distributed in Alabama, California, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
- Allergen: undeclared eggs in Monogram Appetizers LLC. Poppers Brand Mozzarella Cheese Sticks. Distributed nationwide.