September 4 to 10, 2016 – The following items were (voluntarily) recalled in Canada and the United States:
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Atlantic Shellfish Products Inc. brand oysters. Distributed in Quebec and possibly nationwide.
- Microbiological: Salmonella in No Sugar Added Almond Butter Crunch. Distributed in Ontario.
- Swelling and bursting cans in Amsterdam Brewery brand Sweetwater Squeeze Blood Orange Radler. Distributed in New Brunswick and Ontario.
- Potential presence of pieces of rubber in Heinz brand strained prunes. Distributed nationwide.
- Microbiological: Vibrio parahaemolyticus in Standard Northern Nova Oysters brand oysters. Distributed in Nova Scotia.
United States of America
- Allergens: undeclared peanuts in Southern Grove Cashews with Sea Salt. Distributed in Kansas, Minnesota, and Ohio.
- Microbiological: Clostridium botulinum in six varieties of Island Soups Brand Products. Distributed through internet website purchases.
- Presence of small metal shavings in Publix Super Markets Apple Coffee Cakes. Sold at Publix bakery departments in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina and the following counties in Florida: Alachua, Charlotte, Citrus, Collier, DeSoto, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Sarasota.
- Presence of soft nylon fragments of mesh resembling white hair in The Morrison Milling Company The Baker’s Scoop HEB 100% Whole Wheat Flour. Distributed through retail HEB supermarkets located in the Southwestern region of USA.
- Allergens: undeclared milk and soy in Meijer brand 8.5oz packages of No Salt Added Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. Distributed to Meijer stores throughout the Midwest.