August 28 – September 3, 2016 – The following items were (voluntarily) recalled in Canada and the United States:
- Allergen: undeclared milk in Sardo brand Arugula Pesto. Distributed in Ontario.
United States of America
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Snyder’s-Lance Inc. Diamond of California® Macadamia Nuts. Distributed in nationwide.
- Allergens: undeclared wheat, gluten, eggs, pine nuts, almonds, walnuts, seasame, and/or milk in Magic Gourmet Trading Inc. Koi Palace Mooncake products purchased in August 2016. Distributed at Koi Palace restaurant locations in Daly City, CA, Dublin, CA, and Milpitas, CA, and Uwajimaya supermarkets in OR and WA.
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Summit Import Corp. Yu Yee brand Black Pepper Powder packed in clear plastic 19.4oz bottles under lot No. WH76. Distributed to some Asian retail stores in East Coast States.
- Presence of plastic pieces in Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. Entenmann’s Little Bites muffins and brownies products. Distributed in AL, AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, and WV.
- Allergens: undeclared eggs, wheat, milk, soy, and artificial colouring in Regalo Bakery products. Distributed in Hawaii.
- Presence of white plastic pieces in Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Wegmans Italian Classics Striped Ricotta & Spinach Ravioli, 9 oz. (UPC # 0-77890-38934), sold between Tuesday, Aug. 2 and Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2016. Distributed in MA, MD, NJ, NY, PA, and VA.
- Microbiological: Salmonella in Asher’s Chocolates/Lewistown, Inc. multiple chocolates, chocolate bars, cellophane wrapped chocolates, and individually wrapped chocolates, etc. under the Asher’s brand. Distributed nationwide.